The students will learn and master the following concepts:
- Learning English measurements and converting from one measure to another
- Multiplying with two- and three-digit factors
- Working with fractions
- Two-digit divisors
- Story problems (reasoning)
- Introduction to algebra and geometry
- In 4th grade Bible class, the students use Positive Action Bible curriculum- Building Life Castles where they will learn more about God by studying the life of Jesus, the work of the Holy Spirit and the ministry of the Apostle Paul.
- Weekly quizzes are given and verses are memorized.
- The students will learn how and when our country was founded.
- Through our study they will build a love for our country and those who have gone before us as the Spirit of God led them.
- There will be a focus on the influence of other countries on our nation.
- Geography and map reading are also covered.
- History will be graded on both tests and projects.
- The students will learn mastery of the following skills for the English language.
- Eight parts of speech.
- Subjects and predicates – subject/verb agreement.
- Four sentence types and punctuation.
- Writing a personal narrative/a good book report/essay writing/well-written paragraphs.
- Writing essays and book reports.
- Tests, quizzes and reports will make up the Language grade.
- Students are expected to use cursive writing on a daily basis.
- Penmanship skills will be practiced and those with particular needs will have daily assignments in penmanship.
- The students will master a weekly list of spelling and vocabulary words.
- Test on Friday.
- We will study the wonders of the planet on which we live and being grateful to the great God who planned and created it.
- Tests, quizzes and projects will make up the student’s grade.
- The students will read a variety of stories from our readers and take weekly comprehension quizzes.
- They will also be graded on their oral reading.
- Bible – Building Life Castles (Positive Action for Christ)
- History – The History of Our United States (A Beka)
- Language – God’s Gift of Language 4 (A Beka)
- Science – Science 4 (BJU)
- Math- Arithmetic 4 (A Beka)
- Spelling- Spelling, Vocabulary and Poetry 4 (A Beka)
- Reading- I Met You in a Story- Reading 4 (BJU)
- Penmanship- Writing with Purpose 4 (A Beka)